1. Harvey Sutherland & Bermuda – Coast 2 Coast: Melbourne-based Harvey Sutherland and his accompanying orchestra are back with the synth ‘n strings ‘Coast 2 Coast’, the first taster from the forthcoming ‘Expectations’ EP, out on 24th March via his own Clarity Recordings.
2. Tom VR – A Fantasy: ‘A Fantasy’ is a measured and hypnotic cut from Leeds lad Tom VR’s ‘frissons’ EP, the second release on Seb Wildlood’s All My Thoughts label. Out 10th April.
3. The Juan Maclean – Can You Ever Really Know Somebody: Party-starter from DFA’s The Juan Maclean, the first we’ve heard from them since 2014. Out now, comes equipped with three accompanying remixes.
4. Octo Champ – Alleluia: A highlight from Octo Champ’s ‘Not Quite Here Yet’ EP, ‘Alleluia’ is layered with infectious samples, synths and percussion. This a total earworm. The EP’s out now on Let’s Go Swimming, head to their party at the Waiting Room this Saturday night to see the Glasgow/London producer IRL.
5. Donald Dust – Joy July: The third cut on No Bad Days’ third release and it’s more synth grandeur from the mysterious producer Donald Dust. All aboard the ‘Dazzle Ship’, EP out now.
Running Back label boss and selector-extraordinaire Gerd Janson stepped into the Essential Mix Hall of Fame last week. For anyone that missed it:
1. Krankbrother – Disappear Here: The Brothers Clancy bring the atmos in the B-side to their ‘Dreamscape’ EP. It’s over eight minutes of balearic goodness and joins the Fort Romeau remix we featured last week. Without doubt an EP worth parting ways with your hard-earned cash for.
2. Ten Fe – Twist Your Arm (Lindstrøm and Prins Thomas Remix): The list of guest artists on this Ten-Fe remix EP is ludicrous. UNKLE, Ewan Pearson, Tom Furse and Roman Flugel. They all join this effort from cosmic disco veterans Lindstrøm and Prins Thomas.
3. OCTO CHAMP – Said You Were: OCTO CHAMP, the south London (and occasionally Glaswegian) producer, video director and one half of party series Rigid Disco, is the latest to join the Let’s Go Swimming label ranks. Their fourth release comes in the form of his new four track EP entitled ‘Not Quite Here Yet’. ‘Said You Were’ is the second A-side and the bumping bass, colourful vocal and infectious drum patterns are a tasty teaser of more goodness to come.
Go see him IRL at LGS’ next party at The Waiting Room on Saturday 18th March.
4. Recloose – No I Don’t: Second cut from the Brooklyn-based producer’s forthcoming ‘Spirit Knows’ EP and it’s an earworm. Hits the shelves on Monday, bookmark it.
5. Deltawerk – Corridor (Marvin & Guy Mix): Italian duo Marvin & Guy get the call up for remix duties on Deltawerk’s second EP, serving up a tense ten minute work-out that joins Audiojack’s remix on the release. And the original’s worth a listen too.
The latest instalment in Ninja Tune’s Solid Steel mix series is worth a visit for a trip down memory lane. Metronomy’s Joe Mount rediscovers some of his favourites from seven years ago, whilst peppering the hour with a few newbies too.
For more new music, head over to our SoundCloud for gems this week from Marquis Hawkes, Seb Wildblood and DJ Koze.