1. Talaboman – Safe Changes: A blissful cut from the forthcoming debut album from Talaboman, John Talabot and Axel Boman’s collaborative side-project. The album’s called ‘The Night Land’ and is out on 3rd March, via R & S Records.
2. Body Music – Just One/Get it Baby (Patchworks Remix): Double whammy here with two tracks from Body Music’s 4-track EP entitled ‘Just One’, out now on Razor-N-Tape. Body Music comprises of Bosq of Soul Clap Records fame and the enviably-named Vito Roccoforte of The Rapture. These two efforts are funky as you like.
3. Krankbrother – Dreamscape (Fort Romeau Remix): Always a pleasure to see a new Fort Romeau remix doing the rounds. Krankbrother’s ‘Dreamscape’ gets the refix with his signature romantic house sound and a splash of acid house mixed in too. Due for release 13th March, wethinks.
4. Recloose & Ezrakh – Geomancer: Brooklyn-based producer Recloose returns to Aus Music with this slinky number featuring vocalist and producer Ezrakh. You can get your hands on this and two other tracks on the ‘Spirit Knows’ EP on 27th February.
5. Parra For Cuva – Unfinished Colours Ft. Other: ‘Unfinished Colours’ is the down-tempo and pensive track from the Berlin-based producer’s latest EP, ‘Mood In C’. It’s out now on Project Mooncircle and available to buy on a number of different formats here.
Felix Dickinson joined the ranks of the Dekmantel podcasts series this week. One not to miss:
On Friday evening, an excited Kieran Hebdon announced that BBC Radio 1 would be premiering his Four Tet remix of Eric Prydz’ barnstorming stadium-shaker ‘Opus’.
We usually, but not always, have other things to look forward to on a Friday night besides listening to the radio, so we missed it. However, and much to the chagrin of the hyper-loyal Pryda fanbase who can’t even contemplate one of Eric’s tracks being improved by another, the remix was uploaded to Youtube, Facebook et al.
So here it is:
Fairly monstrous. Perhaps avoid an immediate listen if you’re reading this first thing Monday morning.
Four Tet is no stranger to dipping into Prydz’ back catalogue – he played ‘Muranyi’ at Dekmantel earlier this year, during a sensational set we were lucky enough to witness.
No word as of yet on the ‘Opus’ remix getting a release.
You can get lost in this one. Over nine minutes of ethereal beats from one of Amsterdam’s hottest newcomers, Young Marco.
We’ve been waiting patiently for this extended, online version to appear since it was released a couple of months ago on vinyl. Dekmantel had then teamed up with the Dutch clothes label Patta to provide a limited edition box set featuring four EPs worth of music from artists such as Fatima Yamaha, Interstellar Funk and Aardvarck, together with a range of clothing including hats, bags and hoodies.
You can see the threads on offer here, and catch a preview of all the tunes below. Although we’ve snuck in a cheeky YouTube clip of Tom Trago’s ‘Brutal Romance’ below that – it’s a stand-out from the box set and its hefty breakdown just don’t come across in the EP preview.