June = Glastonbury. It felt like it was literally the only thing people talked about. In a shameless attempt to piggyback on that success, here’s our latest playlist, at least some of which was made by artists who may have been at Glastonbury! We’re essentially an official event partner.
Aaaaand, it’s time to start snapping up those final early bird tickets for Human Drizzle presents… They, quite literally, won’t be around forever. £6 to hear from Copy Paste Soul (who smashed it at Fire last week with David August), Vanilla Ace and Ben Gomori. It’s excitingly close now:
And here are our Top 5 tracks of the month:
1. Detroit Swindle – The Make Up: Toe-tapping, head-nodding banger unleashed as the Dutch duo’s debut release on their new label, Heist Recordings.
2. Clean Bandit – Dust Clears: A melting pot of classical strings, catchy hooks and rhythm and blues, this innovative outfit and HD favourite continue to go from strength to strength.
3. Pick A Piper – Cinders And Dust (Grown Folk Remix): Grown Folk concocted this stirring rework of Caribou drummer’s side project Pick A Piper. Fully bolstered with low end synths, vocal loops and charming reverb.
4. Lane 8 – Be Mine: Catchy, sun-kissed jam from one of our favourite rising US producers, Lane 8. Could go on and on (and on), this.
5. Alex Metric & Jacques Lu Cont – Safe With You: Straight up banger from euphoric dance dream team. Vocal from Nikki and The Dove’s Malin feels warm inside.